- CALLOW'S YARD v DEPARTMENT OF INFRASTRUCTURE
- LITTLEWOOD v MORLEY
- GORT (HOLDINGS) v MRP BRAZIL
- SPIRIT OF MONTPELIER & otr v LOMBARD MANX
- LCL INTERNATIONAL v HENDERSON
- FSC v UK SECURED FINANCE
- MONTPELIER v GITTINS & otrs
- FSC v IRVING & otr
- ALDERSGATE PROPERTIES & otrs
- WOLSKI v EXILLON
Visit of Castle Rushen High School Pupils - press release here
His Honour Deemster Doyle, First Deemster and Clerk of the Rolls is sworn in as a Judge of Appeal in Jersey. Details here
Visit of Tasmanian Court Official - press release here
Announcements detailing Appointments to Courts of Appeal here
Notes on Sentencing in the Manx Criminal Courts are available here
Two new Statutory Documents which deal with Live Television Links came into effect on January 1st 2015. They are:
- SD2014/0410 - Criminal Jurisdiction (Live Television Link) Rules 2014; and
- SC2014/0411 - Summary Jurisdiction (Live Television Link) Rules 2014
Licensing Court Rules 2014 came into effect on 1st September 2014. Any application to the Licensing Court made after this date will be subject to these Rules. Please note these Rules change the procedures and time limits for making applications before the Licensing Court.
From Thursday, May 1st 2014, those requesting copies of court hearings on compact disc must complete and sign this CD request form which should then be submitted using one of the options detailed in the document. This form consists of two parts:
- guidelines as to how the CD request section of the form should be completed; and
- an undertaking which must be signed by the requestor
For ease of use, the form can be filled in on-screen and saved.
Also on Thursday, May 1st 2014, the following Statutory Documents came into effect:
- SD2014/0050 - Cinematograph (Licence Fees) Order 2014;
- SD2014/0051 - Licensing Fees and Duties Order 2014;
- SD2014/0052 - Music and Dancing Fees and Duties Order 2014;
- SD2014/0166 - Summary Jurisdiction (Amendment) Rules 2014; and
- SD2014/0167 - Rules of the High Court (Family Proceedings) (Amendment) 2014.
Notes to assist self-representing parties in disputes concerning children can be downloaded here.
Notes for self-representing parties in financial remedies hearings (arising from the breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership) are available here.
Family Mediation scheme launched which supports families experiencing trauma of relationship breakdown. Click here for more information
"Rule of Law" lecture delivered by Deemster Doyle, First Deemster and Clerk of the Rolls at the Oxford Union on 17 July 2014 can be accessed here.
Lord Neuberger, the President of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom and the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council, delivered the Caroline Weatherill Memorial Lecture on Friday 11th October 2013 at the Manx Museum. Click here to read.
The Commonwealth Magistrates' and Judges' Association Conference was held in Jersey on September 25th 2013. A copy of Deemster Doyle's talk on providing Objectively Independent Courts can be found here.
We constantly seek to improve our website and your views are important to us. Please use the Contact Form for feedback on style, content and issues relating to the technical aspects of our website. If you have issues about court cases please use the Contact Details to contact the relevant section. The Isle of Man Courts of Justice website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions that take effect from the date of first use.