Payments of Fines and Fixed Penalties
Payment of Parking fixed penalties
These can be made at:
- the public counter in the Isle of Man Courts of Justice building by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card (note a 2% surcharge is payable for credit card transactions); or
- by cash or debit card at any of the 25 Post Offices on the Isle of Man; or
- by cash or debit card at the "Pay and Post" kiosks at the following locations:
- Regent Street Post Office, Douglas
- Douglas Sorting Office
- Sea Terminal
- The Wessex Garage, Alexander Drive, Douglas
- Shoprite, Victoria Road, Douglas
- Station Garage, Castletown
- Shoprite, Peel
- Shoprite, Port Erin
- Shoprite Ramsey
- by debit card or credit card using the online payment facility here
Persons wishing to pay their fixed penalties at the Post Office or kiosk will, however, need to ensure that they have key information relevant to the fixed penalty ticket to be paid, including:
- Fixed Penalty Ticket number & date issued;
- Car registration number;
- Name of the registered owner of the vehicle; and
- Registered owner's address
Payment of Endorsable Fixed Penalties and other types of fines
These should be made to the Public Counter at the Isle of Man Courts of Justice - payment options are as follows:
- Personal callers - cheque, postal order, cash, debit card, credit card (note a 2% surcharge is payable for credit card transactions);
- Telephone callers – debit card or credit card (note a 2% surcharge is payable for credit card transactions);
- Post – cheque or postal order made payable to “IOM Government” and posted to IOM Courts of Justice, Deemsters Walk, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3AR
Visitors to the public counter are required to go through security screening upon entry to the courthouse building.
The opening hours for the public counter are:
- 9:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday; and
- 9:30am to 4.00pm on Friday
The public counter also provides a telephone payment service for all types of fines and other receipts through a dedicated payments line:
(+44) 01624 686423
During busy periods in the court office, customers using this telephone payments service may be asked to leave a voice mail message requesting a call back to enable a telephone payment to take place.
Callers should have their debit card or credit card to hand and details of the fixed penalty or fine reference available but should not leave these details on the voicemail message system.
Customers should note that a 2% charge is added when paying by credit card.
Register of Fines
If you are in default of payment of a fine, your details may be included in a publically accessible register.